With the latest Projectors under 1000 that have made its way onto the market, you receive new tech features, making them popular than your television set. Even a large TV screen does not match up with one of our best projectors under $1000. The images may not be as clear or as brilliant but for under a 1000 USD you will not be disappointed.
The best thing is that you can move them around with ease and some of them you can even take with you on the road. There is a wide range available and we know how difficult it can be to choose one. With us, you can find a list of the top projectors to use at home, the lecture hall or in the office.
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Buy a Projector?
- Review of 10 Projectors under $1000
- 1. The BenQ DLP HD Projector
- 2. The Epson 2000 Home Cinema
- 3. The Epson PowerLite 8345 Home Cinema Projector
- 4. The ViewSonic PJD7820HD Projector
- 5. The BenQ HT3050 Projector
- 6. The LG PF1500 Theater Projector
- 7. The BenQ HT1075 Projector
- 8. The Optoma HD37 Projector
- 9. The Optoma HD26 Projector
- 10. The Crenova XPE460 Mini Projector
Best Projectors under 1000 in 2017 Comparison
|The Optoma HD28DSE DLP 3D||4.4||$550- $700|
| The BenQ DLP HD Projector||4.6||$600- $700|
|The Epson 2000 Home Cinema||4.5||$450- $500||[|
|The Epson PowerLite 8345 Home Cinema Projector||4.1||N/A|
| The ViewSonic PJD7820HD Projector||4.5||$550- $600|
| The BenQ HT3050 Projector||4.5||$950- $1000|
|The LG PF1500 Theater Projector||4.3||$1000+|
|The Optoma HD37 Projector||4.3||$450- $500|
|The Optoma HD26 Projector||4.4||$650- $700|
|The BenQ HT1075 Projector||4.6||$750- $800|
|The Crenova XPE460 Mini Projector||4.0||$80- $100|
The Optoma HD28DSE DLP 3D Projector the Best of the Best
If you need a projector that has the right, brightness on a tight budget obtains the Optoma HD28DSE. It gives you a combination of the most affordable price with the highest contrast ratio of 30,000:1. Also, is a perfect entry-level projector for you when buying your first video projector.
It is a home cinema projector with the entire engineered tech available in it to use with your game console, Blu-ray movies, and HDTV programming. For enhanced details and depth on reflective surfaces, skin tones, textures it has a Darbee Image Enhancement processor. It has a noise filtering to give you amazing image clarity at the same time.
The trapezoidal image you can quickly correct with the four-corner adjustment setting that makes your life a little simpler when used. The projector features the latest digital media interface as it supports MHL v1.2. The HDMI ports allow you to add MHL devices such as the Roku streaming stick and Smartphone directly to the unit to playback music, pictures, and video. You can share web pages and other digital media content with ease.
The cinema projector weighs 5.7 pounds and measures 8.8 x 12.4 x 4.5-inches available in white. Included in the box you receive the HD28DSE projector, a lens cap, the AC power cord, a remote control, included batteries for the remote, a quick start card, the warranty card, user manual, and the Multilingual CD-ROM.
With the DLP technology, you see the razor-sharp imagery and can watch amazing videos. It has a consistent color precision that gives you up to six colors processing on a screen. The DLP chip is super fast, with a response time of 16 microseconds and supports up to 144Hz refresh rates. The Optoma is an eco-friendly projector using 0.5-watt power when in standby mode. It has an automatic shut down and made from lead-free components.
- The Optoma HD28DSE has a screen size range of 71-inches to 107-inches up to 12 feet of viewing,
- Has the 3000 ANSI Lumen with a contrast ratio of 30,000:1,
- It has Keystone Correction but does not have lens shift,
- Has two HDMI ports that one port supports MHL, has a 3D Sync Port, USB-A for power only, a mini USB, and 12V Trigger,
- Weighs 5.7 pounds and measures 8.8 x 12.4 x 4.5-inches, and
- Includes a 12-month limited warranty on the parts & labor and carries a 90-day warranty on the lamp
Pros: The Darbee function is noticeable when used; it has a great mediocre contrast, bright enough to use during daytime with ambiance light, video performance is good, and has a great keystone adjustment
Cons: The DynamicBlack feature, according to many people are useless and only increases dark scenes making the black look blacker and the 10-watt speaker does not provide ample sound and the projectors best used with an audio system
Why Should You Buy a Projector?
The first advantage when buying a projector is the screen size as you can buy them with different types of sizes. You can make your movie nights with the family awesome when watching it on a 100-inch screen. It is great when you have many guests over as the display screen gives you more space to use when presented on a wall.
You can mount your projector on a wall or to the ceiling and you can buy roll up screens that are convenient to use with it. You can even paint a wall in your home dedicated to enjoying home movies on your projector. In addition, most important with the cinema projector you have less eyestrain on the eyes as it takes less work for your eyes to resolve the image.
Review of 10 Projectors under $1000
1. The BenQ DLP HD Projector
With the BenQ DLP HD projector, you can go big and still make your home eco-friendly. It will give you a bright image up to 200-inches. It has the SmartEco technology to decrease energy usage by up to 70% and cuts down on the utility bills. For crisper images, it projects true colors and you can use it to read the fine print on presentations.
You can enjoy full-HD 1080p image projection in the comfort of your home or boardroom with the BenQ. It has DarkChip3 DLP Technology presented by Texas Instruments. The contrast ratio is 13,000:1 and it has 2000 Lumen brightness. It is easy to set up and has built-in speakers.
You can enjoy watching your favorite Blu-ray movies, HD broadcasting, and video games with the high contrast available for this projector. The unit supports different ports that include Blu-ray, 3D, HDMI, NVIDIA 3DTV PC connectivity, and 3D broadcasting. The speakers are plug & play ready, and only require you to connect the power and video source.
It has two HDMI ports with multiple connectivity options and the projector has a SmartEco mode to adjust the lamp power. It automatically switches over to the Eco Blank Mode after turning it on and helps eliminate unnecessary energy wastage.
- The BenQ DLP HD Projector has Full-HD 1080p,
- It supports 3D, Blu-ray, video games and more,
- It has 2 HDMI ports,
- Built-in speakers,
- Has prolonged lamp life with the SmartEco technology design,
- Optimized color performance to use during the day or night,
- Weighs 5.9 pounds and measures 9.6 x 12.3 x 4.1-inches,
- Has an ANSI Brightness of 2,000 Lumens with a contrast of 13,000:1,
- Has auto standby mode and displays well on a diagonal screen size of 60 – 200-inches with 1.3x zoom, and
- Includes a 12-month warranty
Pros: Gives you amazing color images, the brightness is great, has above average black levels, and the 3D quality is superb
Cons: The projector is not super quiet but bearable, and does not have excellent light leakage
2. The Epson 2000 Home Cinema
In the Epson Home Cinema range, you can buy two different models, one with 1800 Lumens, and the other model with 2000 Lumens. The projector is HD compatible and displays a vibrant image up to 300-inches. It also features the mobile HD link known as MHL.
Now you can access movies, games, and more via your Smartphone. It supports 3D imaging and supports a widescreen with 16:9. It has two HDMI ports with built-in audio and has a brilliant image quality as it gives you up to 3X brighter colors compared to other brands.
The projector is straightforward to set up and with the versatile image correction tools available, you can align the image in seconds.
- The Epson 2000 projector has a color brightness and white brightness of 2000 Lumens,
- You can connect it up to your PC with the USB 2.0 connectivity,
- Has built-in color modes to optimize different content and settings,
- It has a superb Full-HD 1080p resolution with a contrast ratio of 15,000:1,
- Has Keystone Correction but does not have lens shift,
- It has an aspect ratio supporting 16:9 widescreen,
- You receive the PowerLite Home Cinema 2030 projector, a power cord, CD-ROM including the user guide and a remote with AA batteries,
- Weighs 6.4 pounds and measures 9.7 x 11.7 x 4.1-inches,
- For connectivity it has two HDMI, 3 RCA component, one RCA composite, 2 RCA for audio, 1 USB Type A, 1 VGA D-sub 15-pin computer input, and one RS-232c, and
You receive a 2-year warranty,
Pros: A friendly-budget projector, great high definition image quality, works with both 2D and 3D, runs cool when used in Eco mode, easy to adjust with the keystone, and has an auto IRIS
Cons: The fan kicks off in normal mode when used; it does not have a backlit remote control and minimal loss of detail
3. The Epson PowerLite 8345 Home Cinema Projector
For great entertainment at home, the Epson PowerLite 8345 Home Cinema Projector delivers 1800 Lumens of color and white brightness. It has the Epson 3-chip technology that gives you true-color when viewing images and movies. For watching HD content, it has two HDMI connections and an excellent filtration built into the projector.
It gives you a contrast ratio of up to 25,000:1 and great to use in both horizontal and vertical position with the lens shift. The lamp lasts up to 4,000-hours of use. You can now view up to 3X brighter color with the energy-efficient E-TORL lamp. Running the video projector has a low noise of only 22dB.
It also has a Fujinon lens with a 2.1x zoom ratio and viewing fast-action movies is great with the IRIS light that adjusts automatically. The unit weighs 16.1 pounds and measures 15.5 x 17.7 x 5.4-inches and the remote you receive includes the batteries.
The design of the projector is sleek and white and you receive a one-year warranty on the parts and labor.
- With the Epson 8345 projector, you have up to three times brighter colors,
- It has a color and white brightness of 1800 Lumens,
- The lens shift is flexible to use in both horizontal and vertical installation,
- You can view Full-HD 1080p resolution with a contrast ratio of up to 25,000:1,
- Weighs 16.1 pounds and measures 15.5 x 17.7 x 5.4-inches,
- Includes all the required ports for HDMI devices, and
- You receive a two-year warranty on the labor and parts with a 90-day lamp limited warranty
Pros: Has a bright and clear picture, works well in a moderate lit room, runs quietly, and the tilt lens feature is superb
Cons: It is a bit on the large size and best used when mounted to the ceiling, and it has no 3D support
4. The ViewSonic PJD7820HD Projector
The ViewSonic PJD7820HD projector is the best when it comes to functionality and price-performance. A Full-HD 1080p DLP projector has ANSI 3,000 Lumens with a contrast ratio of 15,000:1. It has 3D Blu-ray, HDMI, video input, and multiple PC inputs.
You also have 1.3x optical zoom, DynamicEco, built-in speakers, and keystone correction. With the DynamicEco function, you can place the projector in standby energy mode to reduce the brightness when not used. There is no need of waiting for the projector to start when coming out of the standby mode as it starts up immediately.
The projectors designed for home and office use. The 3D video projector has a black exterior design and you can use it in well-lit environments. It also has keystone correct, up to 40° and a 3-year warranty.
- The PJD7820HD projector weighs 4.6 pounds and measures 8.7 x 10.5 x 3.3-inches,
- You receive included with the remote the two AA batteries,
- It has a black design with built-in speakers and a display height of 8.44cm,
- The projectors designed with 3,000 ANSI Lumens and have a contrast ratio of 15,000:1 with Full-HD 1080p,
- It is HDMI ready and has a filter-less design,
- Another stand out feature is the 6-segment color wheel with auto source detection,
- It is PC ready supporting 3D up to 120Hz and powered by DLP Link Technology, and
- Includes a 3-year warranty on labor and parts with a one-year warranty on the lamp plus the one-year express exchange service on the product
Pros: For gaming, this projector is superb, gives you bright and vibrant colors, very little loss in brightness when viewing 3D images and supports downscaling from 2560 x 1440
Cons: Needs fine-tuning out of the box, you cannot set the colors in 3D, and the throw angle is a bit awkward when used
5. The BenQ HT3050 Projector
For home theater use in small spaces, the BenQ HT3050 projector is the one to have. It has a 1080 high definition contrast ratio and comes loaded with three by HDMI ports that support MHL.
It has a 2000 Lumen display for superb picture quality and includes the ISFCC certified Rec.709 cinematic color reproduction. You can view 100-inch images from up to 8.4 feet away and has built-in speakers. It has a combined gray and white design and when used in the Eco mode, it has a low 27dB fan noise.
You can buy an optional Wireless FHD kit to stream uncompressed 1080p content and even 3D content. The speakers are 20 watts and enhanced with MaxxAudio giving you the best stereo sound. When placing the projector at an indirect angle you can use the 2D keystone correction to rectify the trapezoid effect.
You can shift the images with the flexible built-in lens and the unit only weighs 8.1 pounds and comes at an affordable price. Included in the deal you receive the projector, a quick start guide, power cord, and remote control with batteries, user manual, and the warranty card.
- The BenQ HT3050 projector weighs 8.1 pounds and measures 10.9 x 13.8 x 14.8-inches,
- It is 3D ready and has a high resolution of 1080p with a contrast ratio of 15,000:1,
- Has a premium RGBRGB Color Wheel and is ISFCCC certified,
- Has a low fan noise,
- It is easy to set up with a screen size of 60 – 180-inches,
- It has 1.3x zoom with a vertical lens shift and has a throw ratio of 1.15 – 1.5,
- Has HDMI, supports MHL, 12V Trigger, mini USB, PC VGA port, RCA video port, audio ports, and component RCA input ports
- The projector is energy efficient with the SmartEco technology used to conserve energy when in auto standby mode with a lamp life of up to 7,000-hours, and
Includes a one-year warranty
Pros: Amazing color, great for viewing on your PC, great to use for gaming and affordable to buy
Cons: Some minor complaints with the lamp that stops working
6. The LG PF1500 Theater Projector
The LG PF1500 is a compact projector with a brightness of 1400 Lumens and has vertical auto keystone. You can use it in the home or office. It has a high contrast ratio of 150,000:1 and lightweight to take with you anywhere you go. It has a projection of 100-inches packed with the latest LED technology at an affordable price.
You can view movies in Full-HD 1080P with a 1400 ANSI Lumens, Bluetooth connectivity, and wireless mobile connection. With the LED light, it generates clear visible blue, green, and red separated light source than other conventional lamp projectors. You can view 120-inch picture quality that equals four by 60-inch TVs.
With the home theater projector, you can enjoy premium content from different providers such as Hulu, and Netflix. You have controllable Bluetooth-out to stream sound directly from the projector and is easy to install. The LG PF1500 has 1.1x zoom and corrects distortion and the missed distance of the image with the 4corner keystone.
- The LG PF1500 weighs 3.3 pounds and measures 5.2 x 8.7 x 3.3-inches,
- The projector is internet ready,
- It syncs with controllable Bluetooth out,
- Includes a Magic remote and portable enough to move around,
- Can view Full-HD 1920 x 1080,
- Has an ANSI 1400 Lumens of brightness,
- Works the same as an LG Smart TV to view YouTube and Netflix,
- The contrast ratio is 150,000:1 with a lamp life of up to 30,000-hours,
- Available with auto vertical keystone correction,
- With the projector, you can enjoy viewing up to 120-inch,
- It has 2 HDMI ports and has a digital TV tuner, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
Pros: Picture quality is great, great for viewing fast moving scenes in movies, has no delay in sync with audio or video, turns on and off quickly and has an excellent LED bulb
Cons: The app store for LG is not the best when in need of different applications; the projector does not hold its memory, not made for playing games with a game console
7. The BenQ HT1075 Projector
The BenQ HT1075 projector is a compact and lightweight model with a dimension of 4.1 x 12.2 x 9.6-inches and only weighs 6.3 pounds. The units equipped with a 1.3x zoom and have manual focus with a vertical lens shift for ease of setup.
It has a brightness rating of 2,200 Lumens and suitable for image sizes of 183 – 248-inches with a 1.0 gain screen when viewing in dark lighting conditions. The recommended suitable image size is between 120 – 130-inches and designed for home entertainment. It has a hassle-free control to set different brightness levels.
For sound, it has 10-watt built-in speakers and it is equipped with two HDMI ports that one is dedicated to MHL connections. It has video input and VGA ports with three RCA-phono plugs. You can easily relay 3D on the projector and supports HDMI 1.4a formats.
- The HT1075 projector has a screen size range of 40-inches when viewed at 3.85 feet and 235-inches when viewing at 22.5 feet,
- It has a brightness of ANSI 2,200 Lumens,
- The contrast ratio is 10,000:1 and has keystone correction with the lens shift feature,
- Designed with 2 HDMI which one of the ports supports MHL, it is wireless HDMI enabled, and needs an optional accessory, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
Pros: Compact & lightweight, have a terrific image quality, gives you extensive connectivity and is 3D supported
Cons: It gets quite hot and has a bit of a light leakage
8. The Optoma HD37 Projector
Compared to the BenQ HT1075 the Optoma HD37 projector is a strong contender in the price range of less than 1000 USD. The projector is DLP chipped and has an amazing 2,600 Lumens brightness level that is great for home entertainment. It has the compatible MHL and HDMI ports with a shift lens.
It has a built-in 1.5x zoom lens and is 3D ready and you can use different video sources with the available connectivity. Included in the projector you have high brightness levels, vertical lens shift, and have dynamic black lamp dimming. The HD37 is suitable for gameplay as it has an extensive control with a variety of settings. It has a compact and lightweight design and weighs 8 pounds.
It has a 10-watt mono speaker and the remote control is backlit. The contrast ratio of the projector is 20,000:1 and has keystone correction.
- The Optoma HD36 projector has a screen size range of 66-inches from 8-feet and 99-inches of viewing at 12-feet,
- The brightness is superb through the ANSI 2,600 Lumens,
- It has a contrast ratio of 20,000:1 with lens shift and keystone correction,
- It has 2 HDMI that supports MHL, VGA-in, stereo audio in, composite video, RCA stereo in/out, 12V Trigger, mini-B, USB-A power, and RS-232C,
- You can use the USB-Power to power with an HDMI dongle for hassle-free connection, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
Pros: Has a high brightness level, 3D supported, compact & lightweight, has a superb lens shift and affordable
Cons: The fan runs a bit loud
9. The Optoma HD26 Projector
Compared to the HD37 the Optoma HD26 is way cheaper and packed with some great features. You can view decent images in ambient lighting and supports 3D that is great for gaming as well. The cinema projector weighs 5.8 pounds and measures 4.0 x 12.4 x 8.8-inches, making it a compact and lightweight model.
It has a 1.1x zoom, manual focus and has two HDMI ports and one that supports MHL. This helps to connect your projector to your Smartphone with ease and is great to use a streaming stick to support content through to the projector. If you want to view 3D movies, you can buy a pair of DLP-Link glasses sold separately.
It has a brightness of 3.200 Lumens and sufficient to view images between 220 – 300-inches when viewed in dark lighting conditions. In light lighting conditions, you will be able to image sizes between 145 – 165-inches. It has predefined brightness presets such as Eco mode.
The video projector has a built-in 10-watt mono speaker and you can plug it into an external sound system. The recommended setting to use is the Cinema mode as it gives you high color accuracy.
- You can view 71-inch images from 8 feet and 107-inch images from up to 12 feet with the HD26 projector,
- It has a 3,000 ANSI Lumens with a contrast ratio of 25,000:1,
- It has no lens shift but does have keystone correction,
- Designed with USB service, 12V Trigger, 3D-Sync, Audio Out, and 2 HDMI ports that support MHL, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
Pros: Suitable for gaming, 3D supported, great image quality, small & lightweight and has smooth motion
Cons: The color accuracy could be better; the remote is unresponsive at times and has no conversion for 2D – 3D
10. The Crenova XPE460 Mini Projector
The Crenova XPE460 mini projector has the latest LED light technology that gives you more brightness compared to other brands. It has a brightness of 1,000 Lumen and is great when viewing movies in dark rooms.
You can enjoy large screen viewing as it supports a projection size of 37 – 130-inches. The best projections viewed at about 2 meters with an image size of 80-inches. You can adjust the image manually with the keystone function and even while positioned in a tilt level, it does not affect the picture quality.
The projector supports HDMI but you will need to buy the HDMI adapter separately. You can connect the XPE460 projector to your PC or laptop and only requires a change in the resolution set to 800*600 or 1024*768. It has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 with an aspect ratio of 16:10.
Included in the package you receive the projector, a power adapter, a remote control, the 3 in 1 AV cable, the HDMI cable, and a user manual.
- The XPE460 projector is suitable for home entertainment and not recommended for presentations,
- You can connect the projector, wireless to your Smartphone when buying the HDMI dongle,
- It has a projection size of 37 – 130-inches at a distance of 1.2m – 3.8m,
- The projector comes with an HDMI cable and has a contrast ratio of 1,000:1 with an aspect ratio of 16:10,
- The projection ratio is 1.4:1 with a native resolution of 800 x 480 and supports resolutions of 1920 x 1080,
- Weighs 2.8 pounds and measures 12.4 x 4.2 x 7.5-inches,
- It has a manual keystone correction, and
- You receive a one-year warranty
Pros: Has ample resolution to view content, great for home entertainment, the audio quality is great but limited, and the keystone correction works well
Cons: The fan runs a bit loud,
We hope that you find your video projector with us and that our best Projectors under $1000 help you to make the right choice. We have selected some of the top projectors with the latest technology features and the majority of these models you can connect to HDMI making it easier to stream content through from your mobile devices. All these models are available at an affordable price and one projector gives you more money’s worth than others do. If however, you do need to buy a projector for both office and home entertainment the LG PF1500 and ViewSonic PJD7820HD stand out from the rest. And if you need a more portable projector make sure to check out our best Pico Projector reviews.