We welcome you warmly to our best Small TVs review. You are here for a reason, with many questions that need answering. We are here to help answer those questions. You are looking for a TV, but the main concern is what to buy? In many situations, the small TVs normally meant for a guestroom or secondary room.
Here you can look at a 32-inch and will see that there are quite a few out there with affordable prices as well. We know that you want the best and as we progress further, you will see many with different features, manufacturers, panel technologies, operating systems and more.
Table of Contents
- Best of the best small TVs – Vizio E320i-B2
- Why buy a Small TV?
- 1. The Samsung UN32J6300
- 2. VIZIO D28h-D1 best small TV
- 3. Sony 32-inch KDL32R300C TV
- 4. The LG 24LF4520 Great for the Kitchen
- 5. Best-selling compact TV – TCL
- 6. For the limited budget, choose Seiki SE19HL
- 7. Affordably priced the Samsung UN32J5205
- 8. An eye-pleasing design is the LG 32LF5600
- 9. The Samsung UE32J6300
- 10. A basic LCD TV the RCA LED24C45RQ
Best Small TVs in 2017 Comparison
|The ASUS Chromebook Flip||3.9||$150- $200|
|The Samsung UN32J6300||4.3||N/A|
|VIZIO D28h-D1 best small TV||3.9||N/A|
|Sony 32-inch KDL32R300C TV||4.6||$350- $400|
| The LG 24LF4520 Great for the Kitchen||4.6||$100- $150|
| TCL||4.1||$150- $200|
|Seiki SE19HL||4.1||$150- $200|
|Samsung UN32J5205||4.2||$150- $250|
Best of the best small TVs – Vizio E320i-B2
Our pick is the Vizio E320i-B2 because it has a clear picture straight out of the box. The content covered in this television covers all uses that you need. It presents you with good value for money and uses rear array LED. It is not perfect as any electronic appliance and has its flaws but minor ones.
Straight out of the box, you notice how lightweight the TV is and you receive it with a stand that slots into the back of the screen.
It gives you calibration, calibrated dark picture modes out of the box. In addition, you only need to set the contrast and brightness. This you do from a free disc like AVS HD709 available from the proper test patterns and have an additional resolution.
It has a high-resolution of 720p that presents you with a vibrant but still bright image to save energy compared to conventional LCD panel displays. It has side-mounted buttons or you can use the TV remote supplied in the package. The buttons are simple to use.
You do not have many picture controls, but you actually do not need them. You have a setting to control the backlight based on content and only adjusts the panel as a whole without individual zones. The TV has built-in smart apps that are lacking most other smaller televisions. The design of the LCD is not one of the thinnest and still slim. The range consists of different screen inches 5 to be exact.
The apps provided are Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and Netflix. The setting up is easy as it has an integrated stand. For perfect audio sound 5-watt speakers and great for average viewing, power it. It does not have a subwoofer and the speakers handle the bass.
- The Vizio has smart apps available to enjoy shows and music while premium apps are available from the internet straight from the television,
- It has a full array LED Backlit distributing LED across the screen with superior lighting and great picture performance,
- Has built-in Wi-Fi connection with high-speed,
- Designed with E-Series Signature and slim with a 10mm frame with a new base, making it perfect to set up,
- Comes with 2 HDMI ports for connecting high definition devices,
- You receive a 60-Day Tech Support if you do get stuck setting it up,
Overall, customers are pleased with the TV price wise, quality wise, and smart wise. It is easy to set up, but not perfect as mentioned, however, presents you with a superb image. The sound is great for the price and many did not expect it to be so great. This Smart LED TV is suitable for small gatherings and single people to enjoy watching their favorite sport.
Why buy a Small TV?
No matter what type of TV you are looking for from a basic to high-performance one the biggest factor remains the screen size. Here you need to consider how big your family is and where you are going to place it. In big areas, you need a screen size between 55 – 65 inches. However, for smaller spaces, you may need to rethink the situation.
Screen size also depends on how close you will be sitting at the screen when viewing. If you notice the pixels of the screen, you are too close and as a rule, you need to sit a distance away. If you plan to have a TV in any of the bedrooms, a 32 inch is suitable and limited to your budget if you plan to go bigger. For the kitchen, something smaller as a 28-inch is more suitable as you will only be using it while cooking and fits comfortably into most spaces.
Even if you buy a 17-26-inch TV, you can still view the screen between 4 to 5 feet and a great choice if you do not want it to dominate your living space.
Our review of the best small TVs available on the market
The majority of 32-inch display TVs or less does not have 4K resolution and you will need to pick a regular HD with 720p or a Full HD with 1080p that is normally better.
1. The Samsung UN32J6300
The Samsung UN32J6300 is a superb TV with an excellent 32-inch screen and 1080p LED display panel. The refresh rate is zippy and the best on the list with 120 Hz. The designs sleek with modern connectivity characteristics, a fast quad-core processor, and all the essential apps and services. It is an easy buy on your budget.
It boasts a Micro Dimming Pro and gives you a realistic picture and superb sound. The versatile connectivity with streaming options is great when viewed and playing media from any type of device. While the LED lighting presents you with a luminous picture quality and aids in balancing out all the downsides of the screen.
The colors rich and has a great contrast. Another blessing is the Auto Motion Plus feature and set on by default. However, do not turn it off while streaming content and does not display 3D content. You received included a standard remote with quite a few functions like a play/pause button, different menus, contextual keys, and the smart hub button.
The TVs Energy Star compliant with ATSC and QAM digital tuners built in for superb sound. With the DLNA certification, it allows you to connect remotely to music, photos, and videos from a phone or any other mobile devices. While the CMR reduces, blur while watching movies or sports.
- Designed with Full HD 1080p resolution and Micro Dimming Pro for image clarity and designed with a LED backlight,
- Has convenient app support and connectivity to use any type of media device,
- Switch between apps, streams content and other media effortlessly with the Quad Core Processor,
- Has Smart View 2.0 wireless and a motion rate of 120 with fluid motion,
- Designed with integrated browser for surfing the internet,
- Has an Eco Sensor to manage energy use,
- Got a refresh rate of 60Hz and DNLA Certified,
- Has a dynamic audio performance and DTS premium sound with a built-in 5.1 support, and
- Have HDMI ports and USB ports and has an excellent customer support.
Customers are very pleased with the Samsung UN32J6300 for its sound quality, clear image, durable slim casing and easy of assembling. They even love the affordable price. The TV has enhanced picture features not found on many other 32-inch screens like the micro dimming pro. It is a high-end Smart TV but still falls in the middle range.
The series is also available in 5 other screen size options with different prices. All the sets present you with the same features; however, the picture quality may vary. The sounds great with a decent bass and the audio is loud without any distortion.
2. VIZIO D28h-D1 best small TV
The latest member of the D-series from VIZIO is the VIZIO D28h-D1 that is very affordable with great features for a 28-inch LED screen. It has full Wi-Fi connectivity and supports the internet apps from the manufacturer.
It has popular streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, and Netflix amongst others and has a modern design with great picture quality. The TV has full array LED that distributes LEDs behind the screen for superior light and picture performance. Furthermore, the screen is in high-definition with 720p.
The apps provided automatically update and stays connected with the current news. The internet service broadband is high-speed. However, access equipment not provided.
- The D28h-D1 has built-in Wi-Fi and is ultra fast with clutter free internet connection,
- Designed with an expanded app library with an available selection of premium collection apps,
- Designed with full-screen app launcher, making organizing and finding apps a breeze,
- Has a full-array LED backlight distributing LEDs behind the full screen for superior lighting and picture performance,
- Is an HD resolution screen with 720p high-definition resolution, and
- For connecting entertainment devices, you have 2 HDMI ports and you receive a 60-day technical support free.
When reading through some of the best small TV reviews on Amazon related to the VIZIO you might find some negative reviews, however, there are some great ones as well. It has superb picture quality; the selection of inputs is great, designed with a lot of tweak settings, and great audio sound.
3. Sony 32-inch KDL32R300C TV
The Sony KDL32R300C is a Premium HDTV with a 32-inch screen TV. However, this model does not have Wi-Fi connectivity or any smart functions. So if you are interested in connecting this one invest in a streaming device as well.
Overall, for watching TV it is a great choice at an affordable price with a realistic picture quality. The flat screen makes you enjoy the picture with fine details and textures with enhanced picture engine and noise reduction. For clarity, it has a Motionflow XR 120 and uses direct LED for backlighting.
It delivers 720p HD and the colors clear and rich and the ports conveniently placed while the panel produces 60Hz with a bit of motion lag. You have a few simple control buttons available behind the right edge of the screen and the ports available sits on the opposite side to the left.
The remotes flat, small, and simple to use, however, not backlit and takes some practice to use.
- Designed with Motionflow XR 120 and a refresh rate of 60Hz,
- Has a backlight giving you a direct-lit LED,
- Does not have smart functionality,
- The resolutions clear and crisp with the enhancer,
- Delivers a superior picture with the Direct-lit LED panel, and
- Have 2 HDMI and one USB input.
Strange enough, many people who have bought this TV is using it as a computer screen monitor. It has a great fit and finishes with great motion control. The only downside that people had is the lack of light uniformity but not that much of a downside. The upside is that it is energy efficient with the available LED backlighting. This is a well-suited TV for your office, kitchen, or spare bedroom.
4. The LG 24LF4520 Great for the Kitchen
The LG 24LF4520 is a superb option for your kitchen. It has a 24-inch 720p LED display panel. The functionality is basic and has an HDMI port with a USB port for playing entertainment devices. You can choose from two different colors black or white.
It has an efficient LED backlight with Smart Energy Saving features to keep that electricity bill to a minimum. The small TV presents you with high definition resolution with a clear picture.
It has a high definition multimedia interface with superb sound quality.
It weighs in at only 7.5 pounds with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and refresh rate of 60Hz. You receive a sharp and pulsating image display. It is great for Blu-ray and DVDs. Moreover, works well for gaming as well.
- The LG 24LF4520 has a refresh rate of 60Hz,
- Designed with backlight Direct-lit LED,
- Does not have smart functionality, and
- Designed with one HDMI and one USD input with an RF, Component, and RCA connector.
The majority of customers have bought this model for watching TV in their kitchen while cooking. It is easy to set up with great picture quality. It may not have a great sound quality, but the imagery makes up for that side. While others have built it in above their closest in the bedroom and great for the kids to play TV games.
5. Best-selling compact TV – TCL
The TCL 32S3800 is available with different sized screens and has a pleasant design in the 32-inch range. It has a 720p LED display panel with full-blown Roku streaming player. This allows the television to stream content from many different popular services such as HBO, Hulu, YouTube, ESPN, and Amazon over the Wi-Fi network.
You can play your media files via the provided USB ports or purchase a hot selection of movies directly via the device. These compensate for the lower resolution and a great affordable option in small TV ranges.
It has a four-way navigation pad while the power/selects buttons situated on the back of the TV. It has 3 by HDMI ports, an antenna connector, a headphone jack, and a power connector.
- You can personalize your home screen and receive over 3000 streaming channels,
- Designed with premium picture quality and great streaming,
- The remotes easy to use, designed with only 20 buttons,
- Cast all your images and videos from your mobile devices directly to the TV via the Wi-Fi connection,
- Has comprehensive search with a refresh rate of 60Hz and Backlight Full-Array LED,
- Designed with a 3 HDMI, one USB, RF, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out, and composite inputs, and
- You receive the detachable cord and included batteries with the remote.
The people who have bought the TV advises that the designs simple and easy to assemble. The Roku makes it simple to navigate through the system and makes setting up the device easier. The pictures clear with great audio sound. Overall, it is a great energy consumption provider.
6. For the limited budget, choose Seiki SE19HL
If you do happen to have, a limited budget, then our best small TVs the Seiki SE19HL. Their range is available in different screen sizes and they have the smallest one available a 19-inch LED display panel. It features 720p resolution.
They have designed it with your basic connectivity options such as a USB and HDMI ports. The design is slim and in a black piano finish. With the HDMI technology, the image is clear and you can connect it to any cable box. It presents you with advanced LED-backlit technology for sharper contrast and colors. It even has parental control. On the other hand, you receive a one-year limited warranty.
- It has a refresh rate of 60Hz,
- Designed with LED backlight,
- No smart functionality,
- Available in different screen sizes,
- Has one HDMI and one USD input
- And you receive a one-year limited warranty
It is a decent TV for the price and makes a great monitor for your computer as well. The only concern that clients had is the sound quality that is not that great, but the picture quality does make up for it. Furthermore, the TV has loads of features and adjusts easily to different resolutions for the several formats available.
7. Affordably priced the Samsung UN32J5205
If you just love a Samsung, they have an affordable priced TV the Samsung UN32J5205. It has a 32-inch 1080p LED display panel. It has Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to stream music and videos from some of the popular services.
These include Spotify, Netflix, and Amazon and compared to its other siblings mentioned previously it has a lower refresh rate of 60CMR. It delivers a premium audio sound with the built-in 5.1 high-definition surround sound with Motion Rate 60. With the Eco sensor, it adapts the screen brightness for energy efficiency.
It has a super sound that is excellent and great to listen to music with the balanced tones in all corners of your room.
- The UN32J5205 is a smart television with accessible apps,
- Designed with wireless mirror for any type of mobile device,
- Presents you with a clear moving picture and wide color enhancer,
- Designed with DTS premium sound for high-definition surround sound,
- Has full HD 1080 for picture clarity and standard HD TV,
- Has a refresh rate of 60CMR,
- It is also designed with streamlined device management with Anynet+ and Eco sensor for energy saving, and
Have 2 HDMI and 1 USB input.
Clients find the TV design great and lightweight. The LCD screen fits into small spaces easily and has a sharp picture with loud audio sound. Setting it up to Wi-Fi is simple and the interface superb. This is practically a perfect smart sophisticated home entertainment TV. In addition, if you are not tech-savvy there is always help available as Samsung presents you with a 30-day technical support from the day you buy it.
8. An eye-pleasing design is the LG 32LF5600
A pleasing to the eye design is the LG 32LF5600 TV available in 32-inches with 1080p LED display panel and top-notch picture quality. It may not have smart functionality but does play multimedia files available via the USP port.
LG uses light-emitting diodes for superb picture quality and has a slimmer design as well. It does include an HDMI input for connecting your high-definition devices. It is energy star rated to save on your utility bill and refreshes at 60Hz. The superior design includes Triple XD Engine technology presenting you with liquid clear visual.
- You have 2 HDMI, 1 RF, Component, Composite, Digital Audio Out, and one USB input,
- It has Full HD 1080p picture resolution, to experience watching high-definition videos and movies plus Blu-Ray. The refresh rate of the images is 60Hz for clear pictures and has an LED backlighting to adapt to the lighting available in the room,
- It is equipped with highly developed technology like Triple XD Engine for optimal performance,
- Further, it supplies you with a diverse range of 7 special picture modes and 6 part ratio mode allowing you to easily customize as please,
- Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) and Screen Share give you smart distribution with basic image mirroring,
- The TV is Energy Star Qualified,
- With the HDMI inputs, you can enjoy both an amazing picture and high-quality digital sound,
- It also connects with USB device, camcorder, and digital camera,
- Has a Dolby digital decoder that uses Clear Voice technology, two-channel speaker system and 20W audio output, and
- Has built-in V-chip channels that you can be blocked under parental supervision,
The TVs easy to assemble and lightweight with a metallic look to it. Many clients said that there was no need of calibrating the colors and works perfectly out of the box. It has a clear picture and even the audio sounds great.
9. The Samsung UE32J6300
When it comes to LCD TVs, Samsung always stands out from the rest when it comes to design and picture quality. Here you can look at the Samsung UE32J6300. This 32-inch screen size TV has a Freeview HD tuner and 1080p resolution.
The screens curved and a smart TV with LED panel technology with 4 HDMI inputs. The pictures vibrant and has convenient streaming options and features a Micro Dimming Pro with a Motion Rate of 120. It has an integrated browser to surf the web.
Switch between apps with ease with the Quad-Core processor and with the built-in Eco sensor you save on your utility bills as well. For a small TV, the UE32J6300 has a Full HD screen illuminated with a direct LED lighting system than an edge LED lighting system and done through the Micro Dimming Pro engine. This helps to break down the picture into smaller zones to deliver superior lighting contrast and management.
Surprisingly the audio sounds powerful without distortion in the speakers.
- The UE32J6300 has a full HD 1080p resolution with Micro Dimming Pro for image clarity,
- Designed with convenient connectivity and support of apps,
- The Quad Core Processor makes switching between apps easier,
- Designed with Smart View 2.0 for sharing content between devices via Wi-Fi,
- Has a motion rate of 120 fluid motion,
- The refresh rate of this small TV is a 120CMR with LED backlight, and
- You receive 4 HDMI and 3 USB input ports.
This TV requires very little tinkering when removed from the box. The smart features are great and present you with responsive actions. Even the appeal of the design is superb. Overall, the Samsung EU32J6300 has a better audio sound than the majority of 32-inch screens in the range. However, we do recommend that you connect it to a speaker system and viewing angle is a bit limited.
10. A basic LCD TV the RCA LED24C45RQ
The RCA LED24C45RQ is a basic LCD TV with a small screen of 24-inches with LED edge lighting. The display resolutions 1080p and present you with a good contrast and response time. It has one HDMI input for sharing video input and a USB port for playing back videos and music from portable devices.
It is energy efficient and has a response rate of 60Hz.
As mentioned, it does not have smart functionality and is perfect for the kitchen or your bedroom to watch TV programs. It has an average sound quality with two 3-watt speakers. Plus the audio mode only is great and switches of the picture
- The LED24C45RQ has a 1080p resolution with a response of 60Hz,
- The contrasts are 1000:1,
- It has one HDMI input and one USB port for portable devices, and
- Presents you with 16.7 million colors and a basic TV without the thrills
This basic LCD TV may not have superb sound but has loads of audio hookups. It does have an LED backlight and the picture quality is great for the price you pay. This TV may not have Smart TV apps and works a treat with the Chromecast. Overall, even if you cannot scan for cable or over-the-air digital it sets up easily and does not erase the channels selected.
We hope that our selection of best small TV’s here helps you to find one suitable for your home or office. The majority of them you can use for watching programs listen to music, play movies from portable devices and use as a computer monitor. Some have smart functions while others do not, but these are some of the best small televisions to use in your bedroom, small apartments, or the kitchen. They are affordable so check them out.