The entry of USB microphones was not received with the zeal that it deserved. Nevertheless, they later realized the revolution it brought. That explains why its popularity has rapidly grown over the years. They do well in podcasting, YouTube recordings and for home studios just to mention a few. What about how comfortable they are when it comes to using them.
Once you plug in a USB port, they start to function. Neither drivers nor software is necessary. That is why you are looking for one. Right? I am almost sure that your answer is correct.
Due to the choices that you have, it would be hard to decide. For that reason, we have something to help you with that. Check out our list of the top 10 best USB microphones on the market.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best USB Microphones in 2018
- 10. Professional Condenser Microphone – NASUM USB Plug &Play Home Studio microphones, dual-layer acoustic filter
- 9. CAD GXL2400 USB Microphone for Recording Podcast and Gaming with Shock Mount
- 8. USB Microphone, FIFINE PC Microphone for Mac and Windows Computers, Optimized
- 7. USB Microphone, Fifine Metal Condenser Recording Microphone For Laptop MAC Or Windows Cardioid Studio Recording Vocals, Voice Overs, Streaming Broadcast And YouTube Videos.
- 6. Fifine USB Microphone, Plug &Play Home Studio USB Condenser Microphone
- 5. TONOR USB Condenser Ribbon Microphone Sound Podcast Chat Mic for PC Laptop Computer Studio, Plug and Play
- 4. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid – Black
- 3. Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone w/ Knox Desktop Arm Stand and Pop Filter
- 2. Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone, Black
- 1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Blackout Edition
Top 10 Best USB Microphones in 2018
10. Professional Condenser Microphone – NASUM USB Plug &Play Home Studio microphones, dual-layer acoustic filter
NASUM has one of the best USB microphones which clinches a position on our list. Therefore, if you own a device with either the Macintosh or Windows operating systems, this one would be a smart choice.
Its plug & play design makes it easy to operate. Another great thing is that you do not need to install any software. Neither do you need an outside power input? The quality of the sound is impressive.
9. CAD GXL2400 USB Microphone for Recording Podcast and Gaming with Shock Mount
When I think of USB microphones that would do great as far as gaming and recording podcast is concerned, CAD is a brand that crosses my mind. The reason is this particular one. It does the two perfectly.
Its plug & play design ensures that you do not need to be an expert for you to operate it. You do not even need to do any installation either. It also has an Akon capsule. For that reason, it offers full range studio fidelity. The quality of the sound exceeds the expectations of many people. We cannot forget the A/D converter responsible for its fantastic signal
8. USB Microphone, FIFINE PC Microphone for Mac and Windows Computers, Optimized
FIFINE TECHNOLOGY also has one of the highly recommended USB microphones on the market. If you want one for vocal recording, recording sound or live monitoring, it will do the trick. The list of what it can do is endless.
Its large-diaphragm condenser significantly contributed to its ability to capture high-quality sound. Its ease of operation is thanks to its plug & play feature. That means that neither drivers nor external sound cards are necessary. Its sturdy construction using sturdy metal makes it durable.
7. USB Microphone, Fifine Metal Condenser Recording Microphone For Laptop MAC Or Windows Cardioid Studio Recording Vocals, Voice Overs, Streaming Broadcast And YouTube Videos.
FIFINE has yet another USB microphone worth considerations if you are buying one. It is perfect for podcast recording, recording voice over a podcast, recording. Let’s Play as well as voice acting. If one of the activities falls under your hobbies or job schedule, I recommend this one.
Its plug and play design makes it work as soon as you connect it. Its design is in such a way that it works with any recording platform or software. As a result, you do not need tools or drivers for it to operate. The metal used for its construction makes it sturdy and durable. This condenser microphone also has a cardioid polar pattern for high-quality recording.
6. Fifine USB Microphone, Plug &Play Home Studio USB Condenser Microphone
The fact that this one is the third one on our list which is from FIFINE, it is evident that the brand is excellent when it comes to the manufacturing of the USB microphones. This one is no exception. It is one of the best of the best that there is. Read on to find out what it offers.
Its design incorporated the ease of use as well as broad compatibility. Therefore, it is a plug and play device. Plug it into a USB port, choose it as your input, and it will be ready for use. The Omnidirectional pick-up patterns facilitate not only nice cancellation but also the isolation of the primary sound source. With all that in place, good quality is a guarantee.
5. TONOR USB Condenser Ribbon Microphone Sound Podcast Chat Mic for PC Laptop Computer Studio, Plug and Play
Tonor has not behind either. It has you covered if you seek a USB microphone for the studio recording of podcasts, instruments, speech, and vocals. It does not fall short when it comes to quality. That is why I would advise you not to decide on what to buy before taking a look at it. It would surprise you big time.
When I notice a plug & play USB microphone, I know for a fact that the manufacturer has the user in mind during its design. Can using the device get any easier? The background noise is minimal all thanks to the cardioid pick9up pattern. That amount to high-quality sound captured by the product.
4. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid – Black
These are USB microphones from Blue. They aim to make the recording of high-quality sound for either computer audios or your voice. If you are wondering why you should buy it yet your device has an inbuilt microphone, then you are in for a rude shock. The external one surpasses the quality of its counterpart. Consider it!
It is a plug and play microphone designed to ensure that you achieve crystal clear recordings. While at it, the operation will be smooth since it works as soon as you plug it into a USB port. The quality of the recorded sound is also excellent.
3. Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone w/ Knox Desktop Arm Stand and Pop Filter
Blue Microphone also has great USB microphones. This product is one of them, and it is no exception. It will be perfect whether it is for instrument or audio recordings. It is also great for over-the-air broadcasting as well as podcasting. Its features are great as well.
The manufacturer offers you four designs to choose from. They include stereo, omnidirectional, cardioid and bidirectional patterns. In general, the design is both sleek and stylish. The blue finish does the trick. In addition to that, the audio is crystal clear. The condenser capsule technology together with the analog to digital converter facilitates that.
2. Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone, Black
Audio-Technica has come to offer people looking for USB microphones something worthwhile. If you want to do the digital recording and get incredible audios, this is something you should consider.
Its design is in such a way that you should use it for digital recording. This condenser microphone will record high audio sound. Its cardioid polar pattern facilitates that. On the other hand, its sturdy construction contributes to the durability.
1. Blue Yeti USB Microphone – Blackout Edition
Blue is gracing our list yet again. This time around, it is not its best but also the best of all the USB microphones. Do you own a device operating on a Mac or Windows OS? If yes, is the specific one Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, 10 or XP? Also, is it Mac OS X which is not lower than 10.4.11? I Would not imagine a better choice? Think about it.
It has three condenser capsules. They make it reliable for recording even when the conditions are hard. You can also select among cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional as well as stereo. In addition to options, the quality is premium.
While I wind up, I am aware of one thing for sure. The piece has helped you understand what to expect from USB microphones. The options of pattern modes deserve consideration. What do you intend to use it for? If you are a Youtuber, podcaster or singer, there are those that will do precisely that.
From our list, most of them are multi-purpose. That is a sweet deal. The quality is high. In addition to that, they have a plug & play design. That simplifying installation since they need neither drivers nor software. It is high time that you take your recording to the next level.