Are you tired of the entry-level specs that laptops have to offer? Are you frustrated with the performance requirements of the Windows 10 platform – then we are glad you are here as we have the Chrome Books available for you. You will be pleased to know that the Chrome Book is made for you, as you need to work online most of your time. With the Chrome Book, you get durability, affordability, and longevity. Here with us you can find the best Chrome Books available on the market with the stand out featured Toshiba Chromebook 2.
Table of Contents
- What is a Chrome Book
- Why You Should Buy a Chromebook
- Our 10 Most Popular Chromebook Reviews
- Final Thoughts
What is a Chrome Book
The Chrome Book is a different breed of laptop and instead of using Mac OS X or Windows 10 software; it only runs the famous Google Chrome OS. These are great devices with most apps and documents based in the cloud and connected to the internet all the time.
With the Chrome Book, you can have up to 9-hours of battery life with one charge and they have screen sizes available ranging from 11.6 – 15 inches. You can even find some popular versions that presents, you with a 2-in-1 laptop.
One that stands out is the Toshiba Chromebook 2 that is full HD and has a 5th generation Intel Celeron with Core i3. It has Intel HD Graphics 5500 with a screen size of 13.3-inches, FHD 1920 x 1080 and storage of 16GB EMMC with 4GB RAM. The price may be a bit steep, but is a great investment that has top-notch specs. You can use it to view your favorite applications and your personal files.
It has a sleek and portable design and only weighs 3-pounds and great to take with you while traveling. ASUS Chromebook Flip streams content in full high-definition 1080p with bright colors. It supports Google+ Hangout and has dual-array microphones for voice control with a webcam. On the right side of the unit, you have HDMI ports to add external monitors or your HDTV. It includes one USB 3.0 port for data transfer and includes a USB 2.0 port for your mouse.
The Chromebook only weighs 2.97 pounds, has a dimension of 12.6 x 8.4 x 0.76-inches, and only has a battery life use of up to 6-hours. The keyboard is backlit and has a trackpad for click precision. The great thing is that with the Toshiba Chromebook2 it keeps it updated at all times.
- The Toshiba chrome book has a CPU of 2.1 GHz Intel Core i3-5015U known as a dual-core,
- It has Intel HD 5500 Graphics,
- The RAM is 4GB with a screen of 13.3-inches and FHD TruBrite TFT LED backlit 1920 x 1090 display,
- The storage space is 16GB eMMC,
- It has 1 by USB 3.0 port, one by USB 2.0 port, headphone/mic jack, SD card slot, and an HDMI port,
- It connects with dual-band wireless-AC 7260 and Bluetooth 4.0,
- Included is a webcam with microphone,
- It weighs 2.97 pounds and has a dimension of 12.6 x 8.4 x 0.76-inches,
- Updates automatically, and
- Includes a 12-month warranty
What’s to like l Has a superb 1080p screen, has a sleek design, portable, and has Core i3 power, up to 6-hours battery life usage
What’s not to like l Screen glare and a is bit expensive
Why You Should Buy a Chromebook
The chrome book may not be for you. If you are a person, who works on the internet most of your time the Chromebook is the ideal package to buy. The device is easy to use and with the latest Chrome OS integration, you find the programs easy to navigate as it presents you with a Google search bar and Google Doodle.
It remembers your recently used apps and gives you the Google Now info cards showing you the weather and articles based on your search with calendar updates. You even have shortcuts to important apps such as docs, drive, and YouTube. With the chrome book, you can still get access to your word, excel, PowerPoint, but they are web-based apps, and you need to be online to use them.
The great thing is that the Google Drive works offline with real-time shared editing and other useful add-ons.
Best Chrome Books in 2017 Comparison
|The ASUS Chromebook Flip||4.0||$350- $400|
| The Dell Chromebook II||4.2||$150- $200|
|The HP Chromebook 14||4.2||$200- $250|
|Google Pixel Chromebook||3.9||$350- $400|
| The ACER R11 Chromebook||4.1||$300- $350|
| The ASUS C300 Chromebook||4.2||$200- $250|
|The ACER 15 Chromebook||4.3||$350- $400|
|The ACER 13 Chromebook||3.9||$250- $300||[|
|The Lenovo N20p Chromebook||3.8||$350- $400|
|The CTL J2 Chromebook||4.0||$150- $200|
Our 10 Most Popular Chromebook Reviews
1. The ASUS Chromebook Flip
The ASUS Chromebook Flip is an affordable device that makes your online work so much easier. Compared to the Toshiba it only has a screen size of 10.1-inches with a full-metal construction and very portable. It has touchscreen ability and the screen rotates. ASUS Chromebook Flip has Rockchip 3288-C CPU with ARM Mali T624 graphics with a RAM from 2 – 4GB. It has a WXGA IPS 1280 x 800 multi-touch screen with storage of 16GB.
It has a fully utilized keyboard with trackpad and transforms into a tablet when used in different modes. You even have a virtual button for displaying all your opened windows. It measures in at 0.6-inches and has a fanless design. It has a small footprint measuring 10.6 x 7.2-inches and weighs 1.96 pounds.
This is an entry-level Chromebook, you can buy higher-end models that have 32GB flash storage, and 4GB RAM. It does not leave you with screen glare and has screen speakers on the side. It has an excellent battery life of 8 – 10-hours when charged.
When buying the package you receive a free 100GB storage deal with Google Drive, 12 free Gogo in-air internet passes and much more.
- The ASUS Chromebook has a 1.8GHz 3288-C Rockchip CPU with a quad-core 1MB cache,
- It has ARM Mali T624 graphics,
- The RAM is 2GB,
- The screen size is 10.1-inches with a WXGA IP multi-touch 1280 x 800 display,
- It has storage of 16GB and includes 2 x USB 2.0, audio jack combo, MicroSD card reader and micro HDMI ports,
- It connects with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1,
- It has a 720p HD webcam and weighs 1.96 pounds,
- It measures 10.6 x 7.2 x 0.60-inches,
- Has a full metal construction with a battery life up to 10-hours, and
- Includes a 12-month warranty
What’s to like l Has a great metal construction, making it a durable device, has a great battery life, great touchscreen enabling you to use it in tablet mode
What’s not to like l Crashes occasionally, may be too small for some people, and has large screen bezels
2. The Dell Chromebook II
The Dell Chromebook II has a rugged design with a 180° reinforced hinge, sealed keyboard and trackpad. It has a footprint of 11.69 x 8.57 x 0.83-inches and weighs 2.91-pounds. It has a touchscreen and with the rugged construction can handle even a student’s lifestyle.
It has a full sized keyboard with standard chrome shortcut keys and a very responsive trackpad. It has an Intel Celeron N2840 CPU with Intel HD Graphics. For storage, it has a 16GB SSD and 2 – 4GB RAM and the processor is dual-core.
Using the Chromebook indoors gives you a great viewing experience but lacks viewing when used outdoor making the screen look dull. For audio sound, it has powerful speakers and has a battery life usage of up to 10-hours. It has a Dell activity light for those who are a bit on the timid side when in need of joining a discussion in class. This informs the instructors that you would like to ask a question.
It has different light indicators with the blue meaning you would like to participate in a discussion while red means you would like to ask a question.
- The Dell Chromebook II has a 2.6GHz dual-core processor from Intel Celeron Bay,
- It has Intel Celeron HD graphics with a memory of 4GB and storage of 16GB,
- The screen size is 11.6-inches and touchscreen with 1366 x 769 resolution,
- It has a 720p webcam and connects wireless with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth,
- It has an HDMI port, one by 3.0 USB ports, one by 2.0 USB ports, memory card reader, 3.5mm combo jack, and a secondary lockable memory card reader,
- Works with a Chrome OS system and has an excellent battery life use of up to 10-hours,
- It weighs 5-pounds and measures 11.69 x 8.57 x 0.83-inches, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
What’s to like l Has a great design that is durable, has loud speakers, portable, and has great hinges
What’s not to like l Does not have a standard touchscreen, the keyboard is small and has a large screen size footprint
3. The HP Chromebook 14
If you are in need of a basic web-browsing machine, the HP Chromebook 14 comes at an affordable price. It has Chrome OS memory with 2GB onboard memory. The additional storage is 16GB and has a NVIDIA Tegra mobile processor with NVIDIA Kepler GPU and 192 NVIDIA CUDA cores.
It has a 14-inch anti-glare backlit display screen with a resolution of 1366 x 738 and the battery lasts up to 8-hours when used. The chrome book weighs 3.4 pounds and has a dimension of 13.54 x 9.45 x 0.70-inches. You can connect to it wirelessly or via Bluetooth.
It has a snow-white color design with silver accents and the keyboard docks anodized in a silver color. It has multiple USB and HDMI ports with an audio jack and an AC Smart Pin adapter plug. You receive an additional 100GB online storage from Google Drive. Talk to your family and friend over the included HP TrueVision HD webcam and enjoy vibrant clarity on the display.
- The HP Chromebook 14 has an Intel Celeron N2940 1.83GHz processor,
- It has an Intel HD graphic with 4GB RAM and the storage is 16GB,
- It has a screen size of 14-inches with a 1920 x 1080 display,
- Included in the chrome book you have one by 3.0 USB ports, two of 2.0 USB ports, a MicroSD slot, headphone jack and HDMI port,
- Connect via Intel 802.11ac or Bluetooth 4.0,
- It has a TrueVision HP HD webcam and weighs 3.74 pounds,
- It measures 13.54 x 9.45 x 0.70-inches, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
What’s to like l Has an excellent keyboard and trackpad, the Chrome OS is responsive and quick, vivid screen
What’s not to like l Has an average battery life and not as powerful as other high-end chrome books
4. Google Pixel Chromebook
The build quality of the Google Pixel Chromebook is superb. It is a premium package with a vibrant screen, a tactile keyboard, and trackpad. The only problem is that this one is very expensive compared to other brands. It has a screen size of 12.95-inches with a display of 2560 x 1700 and web-friendly 3:2 aspect ratio.
On the inside the chrome book, it is loaded with an Intel Core i5-5200U processor. It has a multi-touch screen with a backlit Chrome keyboard. It is fully clickable with an etched-glass trackpad.
The battery lasts up to 12-hours when used and has multiple ports for connectivity.
It has two USB type-c ports with optional HDMI, display port adapter, two with 3.0 USB ports, SD card, and headphone/mic combo. Included it has an HD 720P wide-angle webcam and has a storage of 8GB and 32GB flash storage. You can connect wirelessly or via Bluetooth.
It has high-end audio speakers with Intel HD graphics 5500 and supports 4K video.
- The Google Pixel Chromebook has an i5-5200U Intel Core CPU that is dual-core with a turbo boost,
- It has an 5500 Intel HD Graphics,
- It has a memory of 8GB RAM,
- The screen size is 12.85” with a 2560 x 1700 In Plane Switching touchscreen display,
- For added storage, it has 32GB SSD,
- Included is two x USB-C, two x USB 2.0, headphone and mic jack with a SD card reader
- Connect with the 7260 Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC or Bluetooth,
- It has a HD wide angle camera with blue glass 720P,
- It Weighs 3.3 LBS,
- The dimensions of the chrome book are 11.7” x 8.8” x 0.6”,
- Receive included thousands of apps and games that you can download on the Google App Store
What’s to like l Has an excellent battery life, has the legacy port with USB-C, built to last
What’s not to like l The 3:2 screen does not work well with multitasking
5. The ACER R11 Chromebook
The ACER R11 Chromebook has a superb 360° flip design. When you pick up this chrome book, you receive a touchscreen that becomes a tablet. No matter what display you are looking for this one has it. It has a 4-mode design you can use in notebook mode with a fully functional keyboard, a display mode for enjoying entertaining content, tent mode that is perfect when you have limited space such as traveling by air, and the tablet mode while on the go.
It has a sporty aluminum top cover with an 11.6-inch HD IPS touch display with Zero Air Gap technology that makes the display pop out when viewing images and videos. Back up your files to the 100GB Google Drive and it has 2 – 4GB RAM with storage of 16GB. For fast connection, it features the latest MIMO 802.11ac wireless with a super fast 3.0 USB port.
It has a battery life use of up to 10-hours, works with an Intel Celeron N36060 – N3150 CPU, and has an Intel HD Graphics. It has a fully included keyboard with a wide trackpad. It only weighs 2.76 pounds and has a footprint of 11.57 x 8.03 x 0.76-inches.
- It has an Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-Core Processor with Intel Burst Technology up to 2.08GHz,
- It uses a Google Chrome operating system,
- The screen resolution is HD 1366 x 768 and has an 11.6-inch screen size,
- It is LED-backlit IPS with integrated 10-point multitouch screen that supports finger touch and image auto rotation,
- The onboard memory is 2GB,
- It has an internal 32GB storage,
- Works with Intel HD Graphics that support high-definition and audio,
- It has 2 Built-in Speakers,
- It includes an SD card reader,
- Connect with the 802.11ac Wi-Fi that features the latest MIMO technology and Bluetooth 4.0,
- Has one 3.0 USB port, one 2.0 USB port, one HDMI that supports HDCP,
- Has an HD Webcam with a display of 1280 x 720,
- The 3-cell Li-Ion battery lasts up to 10 hours,
- It weighs 2.76 pounds and has a dimension of 11.57 x 8.03 x 0.76-inches, and
- Has a one-year warranty with a 90-day software support
What’s to like l Convertible, good battery life, 4 different modes to use
What’s not to like l Does not have a great trackpad, only supports HD screen
6. The ASUS C300 Chromebook
If you need a long-lasting chrome book, you can look at the ASUS C300 Chromebook. It has a battery life of up to 10-hours depending on what you do. It has a Chicklet keyboard with a large touchpad and a screen size of 13.3-inches. It has enhanced TPM (Trusted Platform Module) hardware, keeping your information protected.
Connect wirelessly to the 802.11ac Wi-Fi and is Bluetooth enabled. You can buy this chrome book in different color styles from red, black, yellow, or blue. For your mobile lifestyle, it has dual-core Intel Bay-Trail processor for switching between apps. View images and movies on the 1366 x 768 HD display with a matte finish that is great for both dim to bright environments.
It has enhanced sound chambers and very portable as it only weighs 3 pounds and HDMI, USB 3.0, dual-function audio ports, SD Card port, and a single USB 2.0 port.
- It has a dual-core Intel Celeron N2830 CPU processor,
- It has an HD, Intel Graphics,
- It has a memory storage of 2GB RAM,
- The screen size is 13.3” with 16:9 HD and 1366 x 768,
- For external storage, it has 32GB SSD,
- It includes 1 x 3.0 USB, 1 x 2.0 USB, HDMI, SD card slot, headphone and mic jack,
- For connectivity it has an integrated 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0,
- Includes an HD Webcam,
- Weighs in at 3.08lbs and measures 9.1 x 13 x 0.8-inches,
- Includes a Trusted Platform Module to keep your information safe, and
- Includes either a 24-month or 36-month warranty
What’s to like l Has great performance when used under pressure, great battery life, still light and portable
What’s not to like l The display view is not always ideal when used
7. The ACER 15 Chromebook
The ACER 15 Chromebook may look larger than the others may but do not underestimate this device. It weighs 4.85 pounds and measures 1.0 x 15.1 x 10.1-inches. It is not made to carry around and more suitable for students or teachers sitting at a desk.
It has a full high-definition 15.6-inch display that is great for long viewing when used. The chrome book has a wide viewing angle and is not touchscreen enabled. It has a super fast Broadwell processor and more energy efficient when looking at the Celeron processors. You even receive 1TB free cloud storage with this chrome book from Google.
It has a long enough battery life use of up to 8-hours, even when using the video playback, audio, and bright screen. It has Intel HD 5500 graphics with a shared memory of 4GB SDRAM and storage for a 32GB SSD. It connects wirelessly and via Bluetooth and has one 2.0 USB, one 3.0 USB and HDMI port.
You can use the 720p HD webcam and view content on 1366 x 768 resolutions when used in HD display while it gives you an FHD display of 1920 x 1080.
- The ACER 15 has an Intel Core i5-5200 dual-core processor,
- It has an Intel HD 5500 Graphics that consists of collective memory,
- Onboard storage is 4 GB with DDR3L SDRAM,
- It has a 15.6-inch full HD 1,920 x 1,080 screen size,
- With extra 32GB SSD storage,
- Includes HDMI port, 1 USB 2.0 port, and 1 USB 3.0 port,
- Connects wirelessly with Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac,
- It has an HD 720p webcam,
- Weighs 4.85-pounds and measures 1.0 x 15.1 x 10.1-inches,
- Works with a Chrome OSTM system
What’s to like l Has fast processing speed, has a long battery life up to 10-hours, has a nice diamond finish
What’s not to like l The keyboard is awkward to use and too heavy to carry around.
8. The ACER 13 Chromebook
The ACER 13 Chromebook has an incredible battery life and powered by the powerful Tegra K1 chip by NVIDIA. You get at least 13-hours of battery life and has a bright 13.3-inch anti-glare display with three times faster wireless connection.
You get a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 when viewing content online. Another great thing about this chrome book is that it boots up in less than 10-seconds and once it goes to sleep it resumes easily. It automatically updates software in the background while you can back up your content to the provided 100GB online Google Drive. It has a 2GB SDRAM memory with an internal storage of 16GB with two built-in speakers and a secure digital card reader.
- The ACER 13 has the latest NVIDIA technology with a quad-core Tegra K1 4-plus processor with a third generation battery-saver core,
- It has the Google Chrome operating system,
- The 13.3-inch HD screen is anti-glare with LED-backlit display of 1366 x 768 resolution and an aspect ratio of 16:9,
- It has an internal storage of 16GB with 2GB SDRAM memory,
- It includes the NVIDIA Kepler GPU with 192 NVIDIA CUDA cores,
- It has an HD audio support with two built-in speakers,
- It has a secure SD card reader, 2 x 3.0 USB ports, HDMI with HDCP support,
- It connects with wireless 802.11ac and Bluetooth,
- It works with 4-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery up to 13-hours Battery Life,
- Weighs 3.3-pounds and measure 12.87 x 8.96 x 0.71-inches, and
- Includes a 12-month warranty with 90-day software support
What’s to like l Has a great design, good speakers, great user-friendly keyboard, and a long battery life
What’s not to like l The ports are situated strangely for connectivity, not great at multitasking, dreary visuals
9. The Lenovo N20p Chromebook
The Lenovo N20p Chromebook is a multi-mode chrome book with great speed. It has a Chicklet keyboard with an 11-inch size with a crisp trackpad. It has an Intel Celeron N2830 – N2930 processor, but many have noted a slowdown when used online.
This is because of the integrated graphic processing but does have a super quick start up time. It has a built-in camera with a 1280 x 720 resolution. It does not have large speakers so the sound quality may not be as loud as you would like it to be.
For working on it once charged, you get a battery life use of up to 8-hours. For connecting to the internet, you can do it via the Bluetooth or the wireless 802.11ac connection. One of the standout features of this chrome book is the touch control and stand mode available to use it in tablet mode. However, does have a 10-point touch available.
For placing it in standing mode, it has 300° hinges that flip over and weighs 2.9 pounds while measuring 11.61 x 8.35 x 0.71-inches.
- It has an Intel Celeron N2830 dual-core processor,
- It has onboard storage of 2GB RAM with a 16GB solid state drive with no CD/DVD drive,
- It has an integrated 11.6-inch screen with a resolution of 1366 x 768,
- It has a memory speed of 1333MHz,
- Connect wirelessly or via Bluetooth,
- Works with the Chrome OS system,
- Has an Intel HD Graphics,
- It has the free embedded Quick Office editor,
- It has 1 x 3.0 USB, and 1 x 2.0 USB,
- Weighs 2.9 pounds while measuring 11.61 x 8.35 x 0.71-inches, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
What’s to like l Has a great design, excellent connectivity, very versatile to use, great size and trackpad
What’s not to like l Not made for business use, does not have great viewing angles, the speakers is not loud
10. The CTL J2 Chromebook
The CTL J2 Chromebook has loads to offer with the new processor, looks, and battery life. The chrome book measures 0.76 x 11.42 x 8-inches and only weighs 2.46 pounds. It has a unique slimline build with aluminum palm rest and black color scheme.
It has a standard keyboard with a dedicated search button with matte plastic surface and the touchpad supports the Chrome gesture controls and has an 11-inch display with a resolution of 1366 x 768. It includes the two by 2.0 USB, power connector, and HDMI.
It connects with dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi with the Bluetooth 4.0 enabled. It only has 16GB onboard storage and includes the 100GB Google Drive storage. It has a Rockchip CPU with an ARM Cortex A17 processor. It starts up in 8-seconds and you can open up to 10-tabs without it slowing down. It has an average battery life of up to 8-hours.
- Has a powerful ARM Cortex-A17 quad-core processor,
- It supports up to 3840 x 2160 output and boasts HDMI 2.0.
- Has a rugged design and suitable for students,
- Only weighs 2.4 pounds,
- Connects fast with the Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth,
- It has a screen size of 11. 6-inches with 2GB RAM,
- The chrome book measures 17.2 x 9.8 x 2.5-inches,
- Includes 2 x 2.0 USB ports, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
What’s to like l Performs well with multitasking, long battery life, affordable
What’s not to like l Has poor viewing angles
If you are one of the many only doing work online, then our best chrome book review selections are sure to please you. Some of the available models are affordable while others are a bit more expensive. They give you great performance and long battery life use. The majority of them include some great Google Chrome apps and benefit available from them with 100GB free Google Drive storage. They are great to use for educations and working with the availability of accessing word, excel, PowerPoint online. Always remember to buy a chrome book when in need of working online all the time. If you are not working online, please feel free to view our best gaming laptops suitable for work and play.